Thursday 4 September 2014

Preschooler Play: The Lying Cake Test

I've been experimenting on my three year old daughter, inspired by the Life series on ABC about how to give your child the best chance in life.

Lying is an important part of growing up, as is resisting temptation by self-regulation. In this experiment, Miss 3 was given cupcakes to decorate with cream and lollies whilst I left the room. She wasn't meant to eat anything, just to decorate the cakes.

Could she do it?


I'm going to give her a pass for this experiment. Whilst I was out of the room, she carefully decorated all of the cakes and at the very end, licked her fingers clean (I know, I videoed her). She didn't sneak any of the lollies. When I asked her, she said that she didn't eat anything (a tiny lie there, I guess). Pretty amazing, I'm sure I snuck a lolly when I was decorating...!

More activities for children.

1 comment: