Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas Cookies

I read this idea for biscuit jar gifts on the madeit Blog very early this year and bookmarked it as a great idea for Christmas presents. It's a very easy gift that the whole family can get involved in and would work for other simple recipes also.



I went out one night and bought 12 jars of approx. 1 L capacity and several kilograms of sugar, oats, chocolate, flour and rice bubbles. We washed the jars and in the morning Darren, Miss 1.5 and I made the presents.

We layered the ingredients in the following order, gently packing them down after each layer:


1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats




1/2 cup red and green M&Ms




1/2 cup chocolate chips

(It was at about this point that Miss 1.5 got bored and decided that picking up spilled M&Ms and eating them would be more fun, leaving me and Darren to bond over adding the rest of the ingredients.)

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rice bubbles



Then I wrote labels for each jar with instructions on how to make the cookies, as well as a little Christmas message.



Of course, we needed a trial run of the biscuits.





I'm not used to my new oven and overcooked them :-( Still, they were tasty and people who know how to use their oven will think that they're yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment