Friday 31 August 2012

In the kitchen - Round-up 24-30 August

I've just spent the last 15 minutes blinded by a gardening incident. Now that I can see out of my left eye again, it's probably a good idea to come inside and avoid injury by sitting still for a little while...

This week's kitchen round-up is a little bare. I spent most of the week being cooked for by wonderful friends and family or eating out. On Monday 27th, I did make a lamb roast for my family in Mount Gambier, using a pre-marinated lamb with roasted potatoes, pumpkin, carrot and zucchini and boiled green beans. Everybody seemed happy.

On Wednesday 29th when Miss 1 and I got home, we discovered that Darren had made us Thai-style sausage rolls from Taste.com.au. We had a salad of carrot, radish and tomato with a lemon and sugar dressing to go with them and it was the perfect way to come home.

Yesterday, Thursday 30th, I made a stir fry of strips of beef cooked in garlic, oyster sauce and a sprinkle of brown sugar, with baby sweet corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, choy sum and udon noodles. I didn't cut up Miss 1's noodles and she kept swallowing them whole and then choking...


Beef and oyster sauce stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment